Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the name given to the activity of improving your search engine rankings, in the search results for Google, Yahoo, Bing etc…. To gain strength for your website in the search engines and to excel in the rankings your pages need strength (authority). Authority is mostly measured by analyzing the number and quality of links from other website pages to yours. In simple terms the more power you have the better.
You will want Search engine optimisation (SEO) if you are focusing on getting your website to the highest possible rank in organic (non-paid) search engine results. Ideally number 1 on page one . It has been proven that most people searching for a service/product never go past page one (do you). Therefore the higher up the rankings you are, the more trusted your brand/company becomes, and the more traffic you gain to your website. This unfortunately means that if you are ranking on page 2 for keywords relating to your business, you will not be gaining much traffic and your website will not be performing efficiently for you.
You implement SEO to increase the clicks to your website without having to increase your marketing spend with exercises such as Google Ad Words. However, due to the nature of the Google algorithms and it continually changing, it takes time to build up search engine rankings.
This is why the team at EBC Designs always keep up with the latest industry trends, and algorithm changes. This ensures that we keep your website on top. Our SEO team have a wealth of experience and are experts in researching and implementing both on-site and off-site search engine optimisation. After you contact us expressing that you want your brand to excel in the search engines we will perform a search engine optimisation audit on your site to give you a full breakdown of how your site is performing at the moment, with steps on how you can increase your rankings.
To find out the strengths and weaknesses of your website we initially carry out background checks to eliminate any SEO factors that Google may punish you for. There are several factors which can effect the rankings of your site. This includes your site speed, your backlinks, your internal links, and the user experience on your site. Additionally because your competitors are probably also doing SEO we would need to perform a competitor analysis to find out their website power so that we can know how to out perform them.
The performance of your website is key – it is important to get these right from the very beginning. Making your website mobile-optimised is also very important, as these will be ranked higher in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Most Important Google Ranking Factors
- Keyword in the title tag
- Keyword in meta description tag
- Keyword in H1 tag
- Using keywords in the pages copy
- The length of the content
- Duplicate content hurt your rankings
- Image Optimization
- Content Updates (update certain types of content once every 12 months or so)
- Outbound links (Outbound links can affect your rankings but use them in moderation)
- Internal links. Interlinking pages on your site can pass their strength between them
- Keyword in URL
- Sitemap. A sitemap helps search engine to index all pages on your site.
- Domain trust
- Server location
- Mobile optimized site (mobile optimized site increases rankings )
- Google Search Console integration
Off Page factors:
- The number of domains linking to you is one of the most important ranking factors
- The number of linking pages. There might be some links from a particular domain to your site; their number is a ranking factor too. However, it is still better to have more links from individual domains rather than from a single domain.
- Domain Authority of linking page
- Link relevancy. Some SEOs believe that links from pages related to your pages topic carry more relevancy for search engines.
- Authority of linking domain.
- Links from a homepage.
- A number of do follow vs. nofollow links. Google officially stated that they don’t count nofollow links (link with rel=nofollow attribute attached).
- The diversity of link types
- Contextual links. It is said that links within the content of the page are worth more than links in a sidebar for instance.
Link anchor links negatively impact your rankings
- Domain registration length
- Domain history
- Country TLD extension